Wall Tie Material in Newcastle?
Wall tie Installation in Newcastle?
The Heli-Tie™ is a stainless-steel helical tie used to anchor building facades across Newcastle to structural members or to stabilize multiple-wythe brick walls.
The helical design allows the tie to be driven quickly and easily into a predrilled pilot hole (or embedded into mortar joints in new construction). This provides a mechanical connection between a masonry facade and its backup material. It can also provide a connection between multiple wythes of brick. As it’s driven, the fins of the tie undercut the masonry to produce an expansion-free anchor that will withstand tension and compression loads.
The Heli-Tie™ wall tie is installed using a proprietary setting tool that is used with an SDS-PLUS shank rotohammer to drive and countersink the tie. Heli-Tie™ wall ties perform in concrete and masonry as well as wood and steel studs.
Wall Tie Key Features
- Installs quickly and easily — with the rotohammer in hammer mode, the tie installs faster than competitors’ products.
- Administers an inconspicuous repair that preserves the appearance of the building. After installation, the tie is countersunk up to 1/2″ below the surface, allowing the tie location to be patched.
- Larger core diameter provides higher torsional capacity, resulting in less deflection due to “uncoiling” under load.
- Fractionally sized anchor — no metric drill bits required.
- Patented manufacturing process provides a more uniform helix along the entire tie, allowing easier driving and better interlock with the substrate.
Wall Tie Material
- Type-304 stainless steel (Type 316 available by special order—contact Simpson Strong-Tie for details)
Wall tie Installation
- Drill pilot hole through the facade material and through the backup material to the specified embedment depth + 1″ using appropriate drill bit(s). The drill should be in rotation-only mode when drilling into soft masonry or into hollow backing material.
- Position blue end of the Heli-Tie™ fastener in the installation tool and insert the tie into the pilot hole.
- With the SDS-PLUS rotohammer in hammer mode, drive the tie until the tip of the installation tool enters the exterior surface of the masonry and countersinks the tie below the surface. Patch the hole in the facade.
Level Up Foundation Repair
Wall Ties Foundation Repair Newcastle
Level Up Foundation Repair in Newcastle. Wall Ties Foundation Repair Contractor in Newcastle, Oklahoma.
Level Up Foundation Repair Logo